The Tool Connection Ltd is a professional and environmentally conscious company, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. Our clear objectives are to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- preventing pollution, reducing waste, promoting recycling and ensuring that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural resources and habitats.
- ensuring that there are effective controls in place to guarantee responsible disposal, particularly with regard to hazardous wastes;
- fully complying with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements issued by the Environment Agency or other appropriate organisations
- considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impactsseeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- ensuring practical and effective incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Promoting energy conservation by efficient use and staff awareness.
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment- related matter.
We will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventive and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors who give their full support to its implementation.